Friday, December 12, 2008

Advent [6]: A Journey


I've been trying to reflect this advent season on the various characters from the original Christmas story, and try to see similarities between their experiences and my own. Tomorrow Kellye and I leave for Guatemala. I definitely feel something calling me to go on this trip - it's been calling me for months now. I can't stay away from those villages, from those kids, for too long. A few months ago, it all came together and Kellye and I knew that this was the right time for us to visit again. So I feel a beckoning, a calling to return to Santo Domingo, La Primavera, San Antonio and other villages and cities I don't know yet.

So I've been thinking about the wise men, and their journey. How the star called to them; how they felt that they just had to travel, to go, even though they didn't really know to where or why. I'm not entirely sure what we will find in Guatemala, but I know I need to be there for these next 10 days. We'll be helping with the Christmas programs, and I'll be working on a promotional video, but I also sense there is something very real calling me...

So Kellye and I will journey together to Guatemala, tomorrow morning we leave, and we return Mon. Dec. 22nd. We love traveling together, and I know we'll grow and learn and discover together on this trip as well. If I can, I'll keep blogging, but my focus will be on editing the promotional video, and the internet connectivity is sketchy.

No comments: