Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Inside These Lines"


Just stumbled upon this song (Inside These Lines by Trent Dabbs) amidst a Paste music sampler from a few months ago. So sad I didn't hear it until now, although it seems somewhat appropriate given what I've been thinking about lately.

This line in particular struck me:

"Oh have we lost what we had inside these, inside these lines?
Could we watch this stay the same, all this time, just be fine?"

Like most pop songs, there is an obvious love song overtone. But when I'm thinking about "the other" in world religions, the inherent introspective-ness of Christianity, and our need to find and believe in a God bigger than our religion -- these lyrics are really hitting home for me today.

Here is the YouTube music video, which I think also connects to some of the above-stated spiritual themes:




No comments: